If you would like to listen to this blog post rather than read it, click the Play button below…
If you’re preparing for a photo session with your children, you may be feeling a bit apprehensive. Children aren’t always easy to deal with, which is why the below tips will come in handy before your upcoming photo session.
1. Don’t make a huge deal out of it. If you’re stressed out and cranky, your kids will usually pick up on it and act accordingly. Their behavior will usually be better if you are relaxed and having fun. You may have to make compromises to keep the peace, such as letting your energetic daughter’s hair stay straight instead of curling it because she won’t sit still. Focus on the big picture and don’t sweat the small stuff.
2. Make it fun. Let the kids have a couple of “fun pictures” to pick their pose or props. You get to keep the more serious photos while they get to keep their silly photos. This way, everyone wins. If you struggle to get your kids to sit still, turn the photo session into a game. Simon Says usually works like a charm.
3. Be prepared. If you’re going to be out for several hours, ensure that your children are well-rested and have had their naps. Bringing some snacks and activities along is also a great idea. If you have your photos taken too, you might want to get a babysitter or family member to watch the kids. Finally, if you happen to be shooting in a remote location, you never know when you might need something like bug spray, tissues, or a first aid kit so bring that along too.
4. Be patient. Save your sanity by trying not to control the photo session too much. Sometimes the best photos come from kids just doing their own thing. Work with your photographer, and your photos will look fantastic.
5. Have a chat. Get your children talking to you and the photographer about topics such as school or their favorite songs. This allows them to feel more comfortable around your photographer and gives your photographer a chance to capture a few candid and cute expressions.
We understand that it can be challenging to find the time to have a family portrait taken, but we believe that it is essential to have these memories captured. Therefore, we hope that you will take the time to contact us and schedule a session with one of our professional photographers. Please click here for driving directions to our studio. We are located in the heart of Fort Myers, and we are sure that you will find our location convenient. Thank you for being so interested in our services!
Please go to our website to find a portrait photographer in Fort Myers. Our photographers are experienced in family and child portraiture, and we are sure that you will be happy with the final results.
ADM Photo and Video
1400 Colonial Blvd, Suite 41,
Fort Myers, FL 33907
Tel: (239) 362-3842